페이지

2010년 5월 5일 수요일

Ultimate challenge

It's been a long time since I told you guys about the Los Angeles crew. Please
accept our warm greetings and hearts. We are mostly doing OK. I want to tell you
about what has happen last week:playing golf in desert.

As you may know, we have played golf together every two month. Since I decrowned
Lee,Choonshik in our group from this year, many clever chums importuned me to
arrange golf tour in the expensive course at the cheapest price, taking the summer
time bargain sale for the fools.

I finally found out the perfect package, getting unanimous approval. It is one night stay
with unlimited golf in Marriot Hotel in Palm Spring, suggesting the jaw-dropping price
of only $139 per room with two fools per night. I hurried to spread this unbelivable
news to my gang, getting too many supports and compliments from them and made a
reservation as fast as I can. That cunning Hotel already netted a snare for the poor
people like us, with a seemingly best condition effective during the hottest summer
time in the hottest place in America. The same golf package costs us around $500,
more than three time higher than ours, in Winter, the perfect time for the rich playing
golf there.

Our participants totals to 15 including 5 female warriors(wives), among whom are
Choi, Jongtae with wife from Pheonix, Arizona, a good 5 hours driving to the hotel and
Oh, Inyoung from San Jose, recently working 4 days in LA. The doomsday came finally
on June 28, Saturday. The weather forecast there was as usual low 75F degrees(24C)
to high 110F(43%), casting a ominous sign to us.

We planned to play golf two times, first one starting 12:30 pm on 28th and second at
6:30am on 29th (Sun). while I was driving to Palm Spring, around 120 miles east to LA,
I noticed the outside temperature keeps creeping up, over 100F already when we got
there. I greeted at the front dest all the guys coming in and we headed to the golf
course next to hotel. Ah, I forget the hotel name it is Rancho Las Palmas Marriot in
Palm Spring. The hotel has numerous small compartments built along side the golf
course. It was packed with many tourist.

It was HOT enough making us sweating even before we started. We had four groups,
one only for four ladies, one for gamblers only and two groups with naive kids. All of
us were full with gratitue for the cheap price in this beautiful course and some
excitements such as the one right before starting. I confirmed all gangs' eyes blazing
like sun with a dream of "I am gonna surprise you all with my upgraded skill."

Some uneasy feeling was slowly getting bigger in my mind when I heard Oh, Inyoung
suddenly said he felt dizzy at 5th hole. It was too late to get out of there. What is
worse is that we were already encompassed with the deadly heat making us difficult
to move and even swing. The club was very preparatory for the heat, kindly giving us
a towel and icebox full with ice. Then I told our group, Hahn, Sukhee, Chang, sukwon
and Inyoung to put as much ice in our cap and wrap the towel full with ice around our
neck. But we could not do anything to cool us off under the boiling sun. We were all
contrite for our reckless trial. The only thing we do was drinking water, munching ice
and even putting some ice
under the shirt. We started shambling and stopped bantering each
other. I bet even the most aficionado for golf wouldn't dare to play a bit in that fiercing
heat. We all were flaccid like a groggy boxer, with bleary sight and at last in trance
around the final hole. After finishing, we kind of smirked at each other. We couldn't
believe we finish in that kind of hell. Suckwon even said he couldn't remember how he

did at 18th hole.

The striking lesson I had is that woman is far superior to man in the extreme condition.
They kept playing golf as usual, showing no tiredness or no complain, of course they
did not wear ice-full towel and did not pour water on their head. What a amazing
fighters they are. I was getting scared for the fact they are our wives......, I had to
show "shock and awe and respect" for the super woman. That's why they survive us i
n
life too.

Later we had dinner together, first happy, ya really happy, guzzling cold beer as much
as possible, exchanging the heroic deeds and survival ideas....,It was most unforgetta
ble memory we made together. Later we knew the temperature once rose up to 118F
(48C). I think our friendship would get stronger so much cause we were together to b
eat that merciless natural threat. Choi, Mansung suggested the next challenge: anothe
r round in Alaska in December!!!! Let me Know if anyone interested in our next excting j
ourney.
LOVE GUYS, HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH YOUR AMAZING WIFE.....
Bye Sang Kyung from Los Angeles, June 30 ,2002

댓글 없음: